Jesus Said a Few Things on the Subject...  

Posted by Mike Sharrow

Anyone who does not carry his cross and follow me cannot be my disciple. (Luke 14:27)

In the same way, any of you who does not give up everything he has cannot be my disciple. (Luke 14:33)

This is to my Father's glory, that you bear much fruit, showing yourselves to be my disciples. (John 15:8)

By this all men will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another. (John 13:35)

To the Jews who had believed him, Jesus said, "If you hold to my teaching, you are really my disciples. Then you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free." (John 8:31-32)

This entry was posted at Tuesday, March 11, 2008 . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

2 thoughts and responses

How big does the cross have to be? I've worn one around my neck on a chain before. Will that work?

March 14, 2008 at 9:41 AM

In the same way, any of you who does not give up everything he has cannot be my disciple. (Luke 14:33)

Reminds me of the verse that says it is easier to get a camel through the eye of a needle.....

In a crowd of 100 believers, how many do you think have given everything up? Are they disqualified as a disciple?

March 18, 2008 at 5:23 PM

Post a Comment