Unlikely Leadership  

Posted by archie

God is amazing! All throughout the Bible, God uses the unlikely to lead. Moses seemed to object more than most, but then God was sending Him on a seemingly impossible mission. How long has it been since God sent the leadership of Grace Point on an impossible mission? Did we have as many objections as Moses?

  • Moses objected, "They won't trust me. They won't listen to a word I say. They're going to say, 'God? Appear to him? Hardly!'"

  • "Master, please, I don't talk well. I've never been good with words, neither before nor after you spoke to me. I stutter and stammer."

  • He said, "Oh, Master, please! Send somebody else!"

I hope one day to develop the faith and obedience required to hear God and run at Goliath "objection free" and take on the "impossible mission" without regrets or fear. I think I just saw Moses smile.

This entry was posted at Friday, February 15, 2008 . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

1 thoughts and responses

Amen, Archie!

Perhaps the greatest baffling point for onlookers to this faith has always been God's delight in using the not obvious to deliver his messages. Shephers, fishermen, stuttering guys with a criminal record, and "even" guys from Galilee!

I find it so easy to be paralyzed waiting for credentials that would give me merit for seizing a platform - and yet see very little Biblical basis for such terms of service. How I wish we could all desire the same reception as Peter and John had shortly after Pentecost, where the aristocracy of the day had to lament, "but these are not educated men, how do they speak so powerfully" so that God's glory would be all the more obvious!

Early writings from the first century reveal how big a deal it was for the local society that the Church was being built upon slaves, the poor, outcasted and disregarded. It continuously confused people to see a slave girl give a powerful testimony and cry to God in peaceful surrender before a crowd ready to martyr her - and see the way in which God used the words of "someone like her" to bring hundreds unto Himself.

Again, AMEN, Archie - I do hope we would have less objections when the Spirit of God desires to use us!

February 17, 2008 at 7:50 AM

Post a Comment