Leadership Thoughts from...the Bible  

Posted by Mike Sharrow

I have a special concern for you church leaders. I know what it’s like to be a leader, in on Christ’s sufferings as well as the coming glory. Here's my concern: that you care for God’s flock with all the diligence of a shepherd. Not because you have to, but because you want to please God. Not calculating what you can get out of it, but acting spontaneously. Not bossily telling others what to do, but tenderly showing them the way. (I Peter 5:1-3, the Message)



Not a whole lot of commentary needed on that one!

In some personal studying of Psalm 23 recently I was drawn to the action verbs associated with God as our Shepherd..."Making" us to lie down and find rest, but "leading" us in the paths of righteousness. I certainly prefer to be led than made...hopefully we reflect that same heart in our relationships with people.

This entry was posted at Monday, June 16, 2008 . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

0 thoughts and responses

Post a Comment