Careful What You Ask For  

Posted by Mike Sharrow

In the Gospels there is this funny little statement that has always struck me "and they stopped asking him anymore questions, for they feared what He would say." Wow. How revealing - when the fear of truth kills the very quest for answers. How depressing...mainly because it's a human condition that we all reflect in varying degrees. We know not to pray for patience, because that will invite patience-growing experiences. What else do we fear to ask? Be careful what you ask...it might wreck your life!

Have you ever asked for God to give you "His eyes" for the world? Brace yourself for the answer!

Have you ever asked God to do with you as He wills? Brace yourself.
Do you challenge those around you to dare to consider what reckless abandon into the heart and way of God would be like?

This entry was posted at Saturday, October 11, 2008 . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

4 thoughts and responses

Years ago I asked God to only give us what we need so that we would always be dependent upon Him. After looking around and seeing ministries that were fat I wanted to remain lean and dependent...effective...sometimes I question that prayer when I wish we had more.....

October 12, 2008 at 4:32 AM

when you look back upon haiti and when you think ahead to still lies in front of you, brace yourself.

October 12, 2008 at 6:53 AM
Anonymous  

Years back, I asked God to allow me to feel the pain He must have felt when His son died on the cross. I'm sure He didn't answer the prayer in total, but He did give me a glimpse. Likely, all I could handle.

Great message Sunday, Kyle.

October 13, 2008 at 8:24 PM

^ thanks.

by the way, mike...the picture with this post is likely the creepiest picture i have ever seen.

October 20, 2008 at 4:48 PM

Post a Comment